DMX Addresses for Bops in last week

Discuss Djs, lighting and the decor of the weekly Cheese fest

Moderator: site mods

Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

PhilTheMerEnt wrote: I hope to be in on Tuesday too - I kinda have another idea that I would like to try for Tuesday if I may (I spoke to you about it last night, Josh). They can then go on the octagon on Wednesday (provisionally)
Ok, what time will you be in? nothing like a bit of father-son rigging 8 VLs on stage will look very.... WOW. Although if i may surgest - would the pixelline work instead of blinders? they are just as bright, if not brigher, and you have more flexability, just a thought.
Joshua Muggleton- Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult
PhilTheMerEnt
Director of Events & Services

Post by PhilTheMerEnt »

Josh wrote:Ok, what time will you be in? nothing like a bit of father-son rigging 8 VLs on stage will look very.... WOW.
Um, well you have an exam, I believe, and I am hoping to submit work on Monday, but it may roll over to Tuesday morning for the printing, so I would guess from midday (provisionally).
Josh wrote:Although if i may surgest - would the pixelline work instead of blinders? they are just as bright, if not brigher, and you have more flexability, just a thought.
Ah ha - I have other plans for the pixel line - do not worry my young apprentice... Venue-wide WOW. Might need a few extra bodies, however.

... Oh, and I felt the extra sockets worked too - I don't know why, but I thought they actually worked when it came back from the vets.
MerEnts have rights too you know!
Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

I think my exam finishes at midday, so i will probably be a bit later: i will need to get some food from tescos or hall, but i should be in by 1
PhilTheMerEnt

Post by PhilTheMerEnt »

1pm it is then.
This is a call to arms for all other available Ents for Tuesday next week. 1pm, venue 1. Be there or be mellow.
Keith
ents crew

Post by Keith »

what time do the hires arrive?
Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

I dont know, but i wish i could be there when they arrive.... 4 flightcases of with VLs being wheeled into Venue 1........ if i can see that i will die happy
Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

fyi, there will also be a fair bit of cabling comming too

12 5m bits of 5 pin DMX and 12 3m 16Amp cable, as well as 4 Cform 2 ways. I know we could probably have managed the rig without the cabling, but i had nightmares of finding we were short of Cform or DMX, and since the cost of cabling only comes to ?13.20 i thought it was worth it.
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

Josh wrote:I dont know, but i wish i could be there when they arrive.... 4 flightcases of with VLs being wheeled into Venue 1........ if i can see that i will die happy

just 4?

pah, freshers 04 we had 26 (maybe more) VLs hired in. woop woop!
Keith
ents crew

Post by Keith »

Actually Niall, can you remember what v1 had in fw 04? It's far more stuff than we could ever get now, but there was some good ideas that we've never used since - I vaguely remember the 812s above the stairs to the raised area and the opposite side on the trussing.... did that work? what else did we have?

Edit: actually, remembering the rigging to 4am, perhaps not the best of ideas! :roll:
PhilTheMerEnt

Post by PhilTheMerEnt »

Had the 812s on the side truss for the Vanquish event I believe - the issue is that we only have 5 now, which isn't really enough. I have ideas regarding pixel line for next week along the sides - we'll see how much kit comes in I guess. And, yeah, it really is a shame we can't get much in these days - but if any old ents with an ear to the ground in the trade finds any new cheap hire sources of good kit, please let me know so that I can get some in for next year!
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

Keith wrote:Actually Niall, can you remember what v1 had in fw 04? It's far more stuff than we could ever get now, but there was some good ideas that we've never used since - I vaguely remember the 812s above the stairs to the raised area and the opposite side on the trussing.... did that work? what else did we have?

Edit: actually, remembering the rigging to 4am, perhaps not the best of ideas! :roll:
well, we had VLs everywhere, I think we had a combination of the 512s and the prospots along the truss either side of the hall. the pro wash were used on stage (or at least were supposed to be) for the band night.

add in the two DL1s and the CMS!
Delts
ents crew

Post by Delts »

I may be kicking about. We'll see how my meeting goes and what plans I need to make for next year.
Keith
ents crew

Post by Keith »

Any new plans after Monday's meet up?
Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

DMX Addresses are as per the second version, Stage equipment is on Universe 3, scrollers on 4. First thing tomurrow power is going to be re-arranged and the Prowashes and Technobeams will be without power as last night we were running 50 Amps which is a bit to close for comfort and the rubber box was VERY hot.

On this note, Can we get another rubber box as backup/so we can run with everything?

Also, if anyone is free to come in and rig tomurow from mid day onwards it would be really apreicated, so far it just looks like it will be James in the morning and me from around 11 onwards until people arrive at 7 or later! It will be mostly rigging, but we get to rig some nice lights that we rarely get to use so come along. it will be "fun".

Josh
schmod

Post by schmod »

Because this hasn't been explained already:

You have to connect the splitters to the Pearl because many of our 5-Core cables only have 3 conductors inside.