FIRE!

Discuss Djs, lighting and the decor of the weekly Cheese fest

Moderator: site mods

Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

FIRE!

Post by Josh »

As some may have heard, there were fire alarms on Tuesday and Wednesday, both during the bops. There has been much speculation, however I have spoken to Bruce and the situation is as follows.

Tuesday: Heat Sensor went off. We need to make sure we ALWAYS put the fans on before it gets too hot (and remember to turn them back on after a fire alarm)

Wednesday: Smoke Detector. The two smoke machines set one off. Aparantly this should not happen. Bruce diagnosed the problem as the Isolator that turns off the Venue Smoke detectors was itself isolated, and so while the isolator was thought to have been actevated (allowing smoke and haze), the switch did nothing. Bruce got on the phone with the people who put in our new fire system (at 2 am) and told them to come and fix it. It has aparantly been done so we can now use smoke and haze (but keep a microphone hooked up to the mixer incase it didnt work and we need to announce a fire alarm again)

Josh
Joshua Muggleton- Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

Was there not a plug on the stage that was deactivated on a fire alarm? So you put the decks on that socket, and the mixer on the stage supply?
Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

Nope, all vital sound is run from stage power.

I cant believe i am saying this but....

Thursday night Fire Alarm:

One of the smoke detectors again, close to stage, by the fire exit. I spoke to Bruce/Mandy before the event and she told me that the smoke sensors were off and it was just heat: i could stand up on a ladder with a fogger and blow smoke at it and it would do sodd all. The intresting thing is that although i was using smoke, it all went above the octagon/stage - thouse detectors had far more smoke than the one that went off. Maybe this one wasnt isolated?

Anyway, gearing up for 4th fire alarm. Although no smoke/haze will be used (i am not taking any chances) i am sure some idiot will pull the alarm just for continuity.

Josh
Joshua Muggleton- Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult
Keith
ents crew

Post by Keith »