Ents Wiki

well we are ents!

Moderator: site mods

Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Ents Wiki

Post by Josh »

Hi All

I have created an Ents wiki. It came about as I was creating a load of documents for fresher?s for how to do things, and it just struck me that it a wiki may be a more effective way ? some other university ents crew have similar things. Keith kindly donated the space for it, and I set it up late last night. Since then the committee have been free to have a look around and it is now ready to be opened up to everyone.

I should stress this is not by any means a replacement for the forum. The forum is where we chat, discuss etc. The Wiki is designed not to just be a list of things for freshers, but also a store of all ents knowledge so we can share our knowledge with each other. For example, if someone does not know how to set up a tv feed to the big screen, they can look on the wiki pages and (hopefully) someone will have created one!

The address is http://ents.keith-grady.co.uk . Please register (top right hand corner), have a browse. If you feel there is something you know and can write a page on please do! (it doesn?t mater if it is small). Even if you don?t know a lot of techie stuff there will be things you can write/edit.

I should stress that only things that are public knowledge should be put on there ? anyone can see it. Equally, if possible, please try and keep it light and fun, it is meant to be our wiki, not our textbook ? although sometimes this is unavoidable.

Let me know what you think

Josh
Joshua Muggleton- Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult
orudge
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Nice work there, you've certainly been busy! If it ends up raining heavily again (it usually does here in Brazil at the moment...) I may see about making a few contributions myself!

I've added a redirect to the wiki here:

www.entscrew.net/wiki

in addition to the link to the forum:

www.entscrew.net/forum

I registered entscrew.net a couple of years ago, and intended to put the new web site there when I finished it. Alas, that silly "degree" thing got in the way and I never quite finished the site, although it exists in a half-done form on my computer. I shall perhaps see what I can do with what's left (if only give it to somebody on the present crew to deal with) later in the summer!

Cheers,
Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.net/
Keith
ents crew

Post by Keith »

Thanks for that, Owen. If you want to integrate it more fully into that site (and want to give a good deal on the hosting :lol: ) let me know!