holiday greetings.

Spraff away

Moderator: site mods

Mohawk

holiday greetings.

Post by Mohawk »

how is everyone? having a good holiday? im working my way towards buying a car, so its a little easier to getfrom DRA into town next year,

missing the union it has to be said, can't wait to get back and work on some bops etc, roll on freshers week,
Grahame "Mohawk" Case
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Hey, the same from me - I hope everybody's enjoying themselves. I myself am poor and unemployed, but the thought of PreSesh 2004 is keeping me alive!

Oh, and if you're bored, try playing with this:

http://www.lightconverse.de/lc/index.htm

It's one of those fancy realtime lighting simulator thingies. I thought about writing my own after playing with it for ages and hating its UI, but then I read the OpenGL spec and thought better of it...
Peter
ents crew

Post by Peter »

Hey Guys! I too am missing the joys of that little town in the east of Scotland! Working on a ship I do see Scotland a few times every day but its not the same!! All those pennies in my account are nice though, might buy a data projector for the house so mad multiplyer games are possible :D Looking forward to PreSesh 2004 aswell - I havn't found any details about it yet but I'm sure its gonna be big! I'm gonna be around all of that week but since I only get my house the Wednesday before I might be busy getting stuff sorted for it. But then - when has housework EVER stopped anyone!!
Hope everyone is having a good summer
:D
Richard
Location: Somewhere in time and space! (Now in the REAL world! Ahhhh!!!)

Post by Richard »

Graeme H wrote:Hey, the same from me - I hope everybody's enjoying themselves. I myself am poor and unemployed, but the thought of PreSesh 2004 is keeping me alive!

Oh, and if you're bored, try playing with this:

http://www.lightconverse.de/lc/index.htm

It's one of those fancy realtime lighting simulator thingies. I thought about writing my own after playing with it for ages and hating its UI, but then I read the OpenGL spec and thought better of it...
I'm bored too, so checked out that site, downloaded it (eventually) and installed it. Although when I try to load it up I get a warning message:
" 'dlportio.dll' is not found, please install LPT driver "
What's that all about then, you, or anyone else get that and know how/where I can do that? Because also when in program I can play with room & fixtures when first loaded but after that I can't seem to get back into it! Also room & fixtures aren't saved! Anyone know what to do?

Anyway yeah - am starting work at local theatre tomorrow, it's more like a studio theatre really but never mind, should be good still. I'll hopefulyl be able to make it up for Fresher's Week. I can be "one of the oldies" then and sit at the back with Flaps and Niall, eat curry and drink beer while you lot do the work! Sounds like a plan to me!

Later dudes.
The real world sucks! Avoid it at all costs!
Long live Ents!
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Richard wrote: I'm bored too, so checked out that site, downloaded it (eventually) and installed it. Although when I try to load it up I get a warning message:
" 'dlportio.dll' is not found, please install LPT driver "
What's that all about then, you, or anyone else get that and know how/where I can do that? Because also when in program I can play with room & fixtures when first loaded but after that I can't seem to get back into it! Also room & fixtures aren't saved! Anyone know what to do?
You're getting that error because you don't have a DMX adaptor installed in your PC. It's a commercial product which runs in a demo mode when the real hardware isn't available, so you lose certain important features like the ability to save your displays.

Still, it's a good bit of fun and a lot easier to get hold of than something really fancy like WYSIWYG.
Richard
Location: Somewhere in time and space! (Now in the REAL world! Ahhhh!!!)

Post by Richard »

Right I see, ahhh well, I don't think I'll be getting a DMX adapter though, but never mind. It is good fun, very annoying that I can't save stuff though - have made some very nice set-ups if I do say so myself! Has taken a bit of time to work out how to work it all. It wouldn't even let me take a screen shot! :-(

Anyways, thanks for that Graeme.
The real world sucks! Avoid it at all costs!
Long live Ents!
Mohawk

Post by Mohawk »

not long now, i can almost taste the lovely homely smell of venue 1 after a big bop,

anyone heard from Ronnie Byder yet?

i'm going to speak to Oli, he mentioned setting up a wifi connection in venue 1 so i shall see whats heppeneing regards that.

right, on a quick journey home to pick up my wallet, away back to work.
Grahame "Mohawk" Case
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

Mohawk wrote:i'm going to speak to Oli, he mentioned setting up a wifi connection in venue 1 so i shall see whats heppeneing regards that.
it was decided that the main bar would have wifi capabilities at some point during the last academic year....
Peter
ents crew

Post by Peter »

Ah great - I prob wont ever leave a WiFi hotspot all year then, from my flat to compSci building to Union... getting one in V1 would be good - although perhaps I shouldn't say my reason - being to talk on MSN while doing another bop :wink: in all seriousness a V1 hotspot would be useful though. I was thinking about LAN parties.... but then a WiFi hotspot wouldn't be half fast enough for that! I can remember trying to put network cable to a center platform in V1 with mixed success - would save alot of hassle! Hope it would 11g aswell so we can get the full benifit!!