small(er) theatre

to be or not to be...

Moderator: site mods

Spike
ents crew

small(er) theatre

Post by Spike »

if it was possible to rearrange V2 into a more theatre friendly way do people think that the smaller productions (i.e. the ones in the round) would be willing to do the productions there?
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

back in 03/04 V2 had rig that could be used for theatre. All it needed was general washes and it was fine. "plays for a pound" used the venue most wednesdays (straight after the ents meeting, which was at 1 then).
Spike
ents crew

Post by Spike »

what i had in mind was basically rotating the venue through 90* so that the 'stage' and racks were at the soc boards so that there would be more room for seats and also that maybe the salad bowl and kitchen could be used for dressing rooms etc
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

back in the day (01/02) the venue was like that. I can't remember the reasoning behind changing it, but i think it did make sense. Plus if you move it then you have problems with the direction of the sound.
Spike
ents crew

Post by Spike »

perhaps we could change it for *theatre season* and change it back for normal weeks (both of them)
Spike
ents crew

Post by Spike »

another advantage would be that the theatre wouldnt be as disturbed as it is usually on a thursday, and also allowing us time to FIX venue one as it is currently in a state and none of the crew can be f*cked to fix it