Boxing '09

General Ents Business in here.

Moderator: site mods

Matthew
Alumni

Boxing '09

Post by Matthew »

In case I forget:

Remember that the judges have to be able to see, I would recomend if you have time rig a couple of pin spots above each judges table, that way you will be able to dim the lights on the ring, that year they wouldn't let us.
Spike
ents crew

Post by Spike »

Who's going to be crewing the fight night?
If you can't fix it with gaffa, you haven't used enough!
Delts
ents crew

Post by Delts »

Not I, soc of rock agm!
PhilTheMerEnt
Director of Events & Services

Post by PhilTheMerEnt »

Not me neither.
MerEnts have rights too you know!
PhilTheMerEnt

Post by PhilTheMerEnt »

Oh, but message from Slates - could tomorrow's bop and the boxing both be teched from the side rather than the stage so that the position does not need to keep being changed.

Cheers,
Phil
Spike
ents crew

Post by Spike »

cool but remember we apparently have another Mr Drumage so we'll need the stage for friday.

Apparently I'm doing tuesday and I don't mind going from the side :)
If you can't fix it with gaffa, you haven't used enough!
Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

Me Deborah and Keith have managed to get 3 6bars evenly spaced up on the Octagon. We have done some very rough focusing, but more will be needed once the ring has arrived and we know where it will be! Programming still needs doing. The light from the 18 1Ks is ok, but you may want to be able to use the scrollers on the night if it looks dim

Most importantly: 2 of the 6 bars are patched together on the octagon (on one socca cable). These must have a dimming rack to themselvs i.e nothing else on each test channel and only one 15 amp cable (leading to two lights) on each test channel, else we get blowed fuses. i have taped over the other 6 free sockets as a reminder. The other 6 bar is on its own and can be treated as normal.

I wont be in tomurrow - so good luck to whoever is focusing/programming/running!

Josh
Joshua Muggleton- Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult
PhilTheMerEnt

Post by PhilTheMerEnt »

Do not use the scrollers - all lighting must be from above only. Any shadows on the ring or areas where light may get in the competitors eyes could lead to the judges pulling the fights.

For ambient lighting, use the houselights and only the scrollers if there is no fight taking place.