Week 2 09/10

Minutes of all 5pm Crew Meetings available here (starting 2009/10)
Matthew
Alumni

Week 2 09/10

Post by Matthew »

Attendance
Phil Pass: Director of Events and Services
Matthew A Robertson: SSC Entertainments Officer
Bruce Turner: Building Supervisor
Adam Copp: Technical Coordinator
Joshua Muggleton: Technical Coordinator
Tom Burns: First year rep

Alex Symanczak; Paul Cox; Luke Hodgeman (SSC Music Officer); Pedro de Morta; James McWalter (SSS Member w/out portfolio & Mermaids Tech Officer); Cameron Rochette; Stacy Hutcheon; Tala Budziszewski; Keith Grady; Andrew Haynes
Apologies for Absence
Dave Jones: DJ Coordinator
Caroline Bell; Sam Keane; Izzy Hale;
Matters Arising
The crew are once again thanked for all of their hard work over the last week. Friday was good we sold nearly 900 bands, and Saturday was incredible 500 bands given away and there could have been more if enough staff had been booked, Fantastic. Unfortunately Tuesdays are not doing well at the moment, advertising may be part of the problem but hopefully everything should be better with the school days Bop!
Events
Crew was assigned to forthcoming events as in the attached document (omitted from the published minuets to protect crew confidentiality)
Committee Business
Director of Events and Services
Chris from Northern Light is looking for a ?Stage Monkey? to help out on Saturday at the Opening Ball if you are interested talk to him ASAP.
On the first of November there is a launch party for Project Zambia in the Younger Hall, a couple of people are required to help with lighting; if you are interested please contact ents@st-and.ac.uk.
The crew alcohol at work policy was reiterated: the crew should not be drinking or intoxicated while operating equipment. Crew should also in general not drink while on stage.
An after Freshers? Week social will be arranged soon.

SSC Entertainments Officer
Had no business
Building Supervisor
Had no business
Technical Coordinators
Had no business

DJ Coordinator
Had no business
First Year Rep
Had no business
AOCB
On the 24th of October there may be a live band event in Venue 1, details to follow.
Also crew might be required to help rig for the Christmas Ball (13th December, Kinkell Farm). If you are interested please talk to James McWalter.

Meeting Closed at 17:35
Spike
ents crew

Post by Spike »

is anyone really hung up about the whole confidentiality thing? I know when i was on ents i didn't give a crap if people knew i was doing tech for an event. I don't see how this is a matter which requires data protection as it is not sensitive information.
If you can't fix it with gaffa, you haven't used enough!
Matthew
Alumni

Post by Matthew »

Remember that there has now been a change on policy and all minuets will be published on the assossiation website. And as to who cares I do.
Spike
ents crew

Post by Spike »

ok mate I understand if you dont want people snooping on where you are at a given time then that's fine, but would it be possible to have just a plain events listing placed here? or perhaps for those who are not as concerned about their schedule being published to have their names there as well as a quick and easy reference?
Spike
ents crew

Post by Spike »

Also, where on the union website is it being published? I spent a good 10 minuets trying to find it to no avail.
Matthew
Alumni

Post by Matthew »

I said it will be, but not yet
Spike
ents crew

Post by Spike »

was just a question is all. Also have you noticed that the ents have been totally overlooked on the website? not even on the list of subcommittees!