Deputy Ents Manager

Spraff away

Moderator: site mods

Should we create a new position of Deputy Ents Manger to take some of the stress off the Ents Manager?

Yes definatelly - long needed
29%
Yes probablly
57%
Errrr I suppose so
No votes
Don't know really!
14%
No, probablly not
No votes
No - the Ents Manager should do everything
No votes

Total votes: 7

Richard
Location: Somewhere in time and space! (Now in the REAL world! Ahhhh!!!)

Deputy Ents Manager

Post by Richard »

Right, I think we should also create a deputy Ents Manager post too. I thought about it last year too, and it would have been good, as being Ents Officer/Manager is a massive job. This year there have been times when there have been too many thing for me to do, so have had to ask others to do them, or just haven't done them. We'd obviouslly have to decide what their remit was but I think it would help.

What do people think? Even if it's not an official position it'd still be useful.

:?
The real world sucks! Avoid it at all costs!
Long live Ents!
phil reid

deputy or vice

Post by phil reid »

what would a deputy do? the less important stuff or a straight split?

previously when the role was equally split between justin shaw (ents officer (events)) and james 'parky' parkinson (ents officer (discos)) in 98-99 the role was changed back to a single one after a single year, (although ross may have more info on this if he reads it i believe problems came from the fact both roles were entirely dependent on the same decisions being made, so splitting them was entirely useless

also if you have a deputy with unique responsibilities but junior to the ents officer there will always be conflict where the senior officer disagrees with the way the junior is acting on their remit, or as the senior one is more interested in something that falls under the junior ones remit.

long story short because i've exceeded my attention span already, be good a delegation if you are the 'ents manager' (now there's a misleading job title), and ensure responsiblility for the areas your not interested in or are unable to do are handed over to others whilst you retain full responsibility to the ents committee. a constitutional or even policy created position will lead to disagreement, complication and conflict.

in conclusion it's all your fault for being rubbish rich.

work out what is the ents bloke (or blokettes) actual responsibilities, and sign some over to individuals you trust to do them.

oo look! a snail!
never volunteer
helen
ents crew

Post by helen »

I think its a great idea! It would help to have more than one person to contact if something goes wrong! I also have someone in mind so i'll have a chat to them an see what they think.
Champagne for my real friends.........real pain for my sham friends.