80s bop

Discuss Djs, lighting and the decor of the weekly Cheese fest

Moderator: site mods

niall
Admin

80s bop

Post by niall »

:D
Last edited by niall on Tue May 13, 2008 10:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
helen
ents crew

Post by helen »

:D so so purdy!
Richard
Location: Somewhere in time and space! (Now in the REAL world! Ahhhh!!!)

Post by Richard »

yes, very nice - I mean that took us about 30 mins to do, and made a great effect! I'm sure that we do things like that a bit more often? It'd make the 'themed' nighted actually be a bit more themed other than the so called 'themed music' we get sometimes!

Long live Ents!
The real world sucks! Avoid it at all costs!
Long live Ents!
Mohawk

Post by Mohawk »

it made the night all that much better, there was a good atmosphere in the bop, even though i had a bad case of the flu i had fun,

sorted out the "you're a winner screen" more on that later though, its 5 am and i need sleep,

but i got it so it streams an external .jpg and we just change tt.. i amaze myself sometimes...
Grahame "Mohawk" Case
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

Richard wrote:yes, very nice - I mean that took us about 30 mins to do, and made a great effect! I'm sure that we do things like that a bit more often? It'd make the 'themed' nighted actually be a bit more themed other than the so called 'themed music' we get sometimes!

Long live Ents!
took us a wee bit longer than 30 minutes!

but now we know what we're doing and if we had more people it wouldnt take that long
Rich R
Location: Infront of my computer, as if you couldn't guess!!!

Post by Rich R »

I'm well impressed with ourselves, we need to do stuff like that more often, brainstorm (mindmap) some ideas.

:shock: OoOoOo, so kool!
Rich :arrow:
"But swords I smile at, weapons laugh to scorn,
Brandish'd by a man that's of women born."
Richard
Location: Somewhere in time and space! (Now in the REAL world! Ahhhh!!!)

Post by Richard »

Rich R wrote:I'm well impressed with ourselves, we need to do stuff like that more often, brainstorm (mindmap) some ideas.

:shock: OoOoOo, so kool!

Indeed we do - see we make the bops sooooo much better, and if I get in next year there will be even more coolness thanks to Ents!

Go us!

:D
The real world sucks! Avoid it at all costs!
Long live Ents!
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

are we gonna re-do this for tonights bop? since Rich and i know what we're doing this time it shouldnt take too long to do..

Rich: you up for going in about 7.30 to put it up?

anyone else fancy lending a hand?
Mohawk

Post by Mohawk »

i'll be about, going to dig into the vinyl archive to make up for my distinct lack of 80's cheese.
Grahame "Mohawk" Case
Keith
ents crew

Post by Keith »

I can be in for 7:30 too. see you then!
steph

Post by steph »

Hey
That looks good and pretty easy (?) to do. What kind of problems did you run into?
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

aside from me gaining a large gash to my hand when it got caught between a G-clamp and the 6 bar, we only had 3 right-angled clamps, so had to improvise a bit, tho tbh, i cant quite remember what we did.

We *may* have used a concoction of G-clamps, but to be honest i dont fully remember, the biggest bit i do remember is the searing pain in my hand (my leatherman still has blood stains on it!). I'm trying to remember who was there at the time. I thknk it was Mince, Rich, Helen, Mohawk and myself (we had been rigging for G&S) so if anyone remembers what we did please say!

general kit you'll need:

4 bits of scaffold
4 rightangle clamps (rigids are better, but swivels work just as well)
4 (or more) G-clamps
3 (maybe 4) Nevos
2 6 Bars of CP60s

the G-clamps slot into the Nevos and then the bars are held in them, with the Scaff supporting them vertically.

stick the Hazer in between with a peice of wood (or suchlike) over the vent to distribute the smoke out either side and hey presto!

edit: the second time we did it, it did take less time since we were making it up as we went along! I would say that its easier with 4 people per bar (2 to hold the bar and two to tighten bolts) Rich and I did try it between us and this is how got my hand caught!