Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

sounds good to me
Joshua Muggleton- Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult
Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

I will shortly give Stacy our hires list however there is something i want to check.

Will we have enough DMX cable?

While we will not be using the technobeams, or spicas (which will free up some DMX), we will have 6 prospots, 8 VLs, 4 Pixelline, 2 Atomic strobes, 4 ProWashes, Stacys Laser, and the Pearl to connect up with DMX. Does anyone think we have enough or should Hire in some more - if so how long and how much would you recomend?
schmod

Post by schmod »

Do Northern Light have the color scroller unit for the Atomic Strobe available to hire?

I'd also find a place to hang the Technobeams -- they're very pretty, bright, and reliable. I also probably shouldn't need to mention that the Movitecs don't like to be moved, as it tends to make the hampster inside fall off of his wheel.
Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

They may well have a Colour Scroller unit for the Atomics, however i am down to my last ?20 and technicaly my brief was "get it under ?2000" rather than "your budget is ?2000" so I think i will have to leave it - i can always do colour strobing with the Pixeline. I would like a place for the Technobeams, However Stage is crowded as it is and i cant think of anywhere new - i also want to take them off the octagon as A) they wont show up against 8 VLs, and B) having enough power may be a problem. As for the Movitecs, unfortunatly they have to be moved, so we will just have to give the hampster a few nuts and hope for the best - if that fails i have a rather large hammer in my tool kit.....
Keith
ents crew

Post by Keith »

have you got anything on the back bar?
Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

2 ProWashes
schmod

Post by schmod »

Actually, the back bar could be a good place to hang the technobeams. They seem to be a tad brighter than the Pro Spots or Pro Washes.

I suppose one could also rig them on the side bars, although I'm not entirely sure how that'd look.

God, I miss planning these things. Do take pictures!

Good luck with the movitecs. If you ask nicely, you might be able to convince the hire company to let us keep the VariLites in exchange for four slightly-used Movitecs.
Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

schmod wrote:Actually, the back bar could be a good place to hang the technobeams. They seem to be a tad brighter than the Pro Spots or Pro Washes.

I suppose one could also rig them on the side bars, although I'm not entirely sure how that'd look.

God, I miss planning these things. Do take pictures!

Good luck with the movitecs. If you ask nicely, you might be able to convince the hire company to let us keep the VariLites in exchange for four slightly-used Movitecs.
RE: Technobeams. Really? it seems to me that the washes are usualy brighter - although that may be because they have resently been re-bulbed and i havn't been told. I will keep moving the Technos there in mind - it would save having to move the Washes from there current location (LX1 and LX2).

RE: Pictures - i doubt i will have my camera with me, but i am sure i can perswade somone to go camera crazy, there is a chance a film crew may be comming too

RE: Movitecs - worth a try ! maybe if i say they are a special colectors edition, and will be worth thousands in a few years, or that they just need re-bulbing :twisted:
PhilTheMerEnt
Director of Events & Services

Post by PhilTheMerEnt »

Going to be honest - I've already tried to persuade McNoodles to take those movietechs off of us in exchange for something new and shiney (or even old but better) and he wasn't really having any of it. Worth another try perhaps....
MerEnts have rights too you know!
schmod

Post by schmod »

We actually have 8 movitecs, if you count the ones that are broken and covered in paint.
Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

Oh idea!

Why dont we take them apart and use the parts to build one light that DOES work! Or we could just get my hammer out and use them to get over exam stress!
schmod

Post by schmod »

Josh wrote:Or we could just get my hammer out and use them to get over exam stress!
By the look of them, I believe that's already been done. I'm also not kidding about them being *covered* in paint.

There are also two Martin 1220s "for parts" in the storage container in the carpark, although I wouldn't advise taking the hammer to those, as they're constructed entirely out of heavy-gauge steel (unfortunately the parts of the fixture that actually do stuff weren't constructed to nearly as high of a standard, thus the reason that they're in the container. also, one of them is filled with mulch)
PhilTheMerEnt

Post by PhilTheMerEnt »

I still have a box of bits that you and I collated Schmod, from when you opened it up to perform the operation.

Oh, and those extra 4 'lights' would be better known as the 'non-moving-techs'. They really aren't going anywhere! (That paint has caused a lot of superficial damage - the real issue is that they are quite frankly crap).
Josh
Technical Co-ordinator

Post by Josh »

well phil, you could always use your power when you become DOES to totaly pimp out Venue 1...... pleeaassseee daddy....
PhilTheMerEnt

Post by PhilTheMerEnt »

power /=/ money....... sorry