livesoc gig - beer bar

live music can't be done with out us, so ask for help here!

Moderator: site mods

niall
Admin

livesoc gig - beer bar

Post by niall »

anything relating the gig in the beer bar on the 8th of May to go here.

i have some ideas for it, but i cant help much as i still have an exam 4 days after the gig.

Also there was meant to be an 80s bop that night, but it was deemed that they werent that successful. it seemed after the last 80s bop that they were in fact quite successful, so can we move the 80s bop and get rid of the saturday night fever bop the following week?!
Mohawk

Post by Mohawk »

i agree, another 80's bop would be good, last nights dubious nose gig was jamming too, crowd were wild, however, me and andy were kept busy the whole night, we struggled to hear each other at times,

if you want i'd be happy to do this event, if i had some tuition on setting up the dmx channels etc. ohand the smoke machine will work on dmx if you pick the right channel
Grahame "Mohawk" Case
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

lighting is going to be incredibly simple for this event being as it is only the beer bar
Richard
Location: Somewhere in time and space! (Now in the REAL world! Ahhhh!!!)

Post by Richard »

yep should be good, hopefully lots of people will turn up as it'll be the only live music thing we'll have had for a while! It'd be cool if we could make a frame of trussing to go over the beer bar shutter door. Then we can hang a couple of six bars off it, rarther than mess about trying to use T-bar stands, and like Bruce said on Wednesday, if we have the electric motor stands working by then, then we can use them to lift the trussing/scaff bar if needs be.

Having hazer behind drummer looks pretty cool too, and if the 518s haven't been put back up by then, then we can use them too.

Anyway, we'll discuss it more towards the time.

Looking forward to it. Oh and hopefully, if Ben sorts something out, we'll have live music in main bar after easter too!
The real world sucks! Avoid it at all costs!
Long live Ents!
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

Richard wrote:cool if we could make a frame of trussing to go over the beer bar shutter door. Then we can hang a couple of six bars off it,
i was thinking that too, plus put either scrim or the black cloth round the frame to box it in and block out venue 1.

what would be uber cool would be to move two moving heads and have them on either side of the drummer too :D

one problem which i invisage tho maybe the amps, but i'll talk to you about them at another time richard
Little Miss C
ents crew

Post by Little Miss C »

You guys lost me a bit back there with lights, but i will be there to help out as much as i can
:D
Little Miss C
ents crew

Post by Little Miss C »

Well, actually, on the basis that we are going to set up on the tuesday (as i think was agreed in the meeting on wed) i can come in after five as i have classes pretty much all day, but after five i'll help as much as i can. Am also free wed afternoon and evening for actual gig, any emails on the specs yet??
Little Miss C
ents crew

Post by Little Miss C »

Oh hang on is there a gig on the 8th of May as well as the one on the 14th of April??
helen
ents crew

Post by helen »

im almost sad to post an inturupt your conversation woth yourself!
Mohawk

Post by Mohawk »

Little Miss C wrote:Oh hang on is there a gig on the 8th of May as well as the one on the 14th of April??
#

yes, i think so, the 14th of April is ROCKSOC and LIVESOC, which i'm presuming, (niall can hit me if im wrong) Is on the main stage in venue 1

and the other one, is just purely a livesoc gig
Grahame "Mohawk" Case
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

yus, the boy is right!

there is a gig the wednesday/tuesday (i forget) straight after easter break. i think the wall of scrim might be up, but i dont know, aside that we shouldnt really be doing very much rigging wise. (tho if i can find this extra socpex we will be able to use all five 6 bars again :D
Mohawk

Post by Mohawk »

should we perhaps be discussing that gig first?
Grahame "Mohawk" Case
Little Miss C
ents crew

Post by Little Miss C »

I'm totally confused. tbf, thats not a hard thing to do, but which is the beer bar gig? why is there nothing on the rota for a live gig on the eighth of may? Is the gig just after easter the one that we havent yet got specs for? Whats going on? where am i? who am i?
:shock:
niall
Admin

Post by niall »

ok... as we all know we have a hetic weekend coming up and with the KK(K)* using part of the venue on the saturday, i was thinking the best thing to do (would limit alot of the extra work) would be to get in as early as possible on the saturday and move the speaker stacks and build this frame (saves bruce putting up the divide) and then that can be used as the divide between us and the ticket sellers? i know that early isnt good considering we have to tear down the charities event the night before, but if we are in early then we could always leave some of it out and get it in the morning?

* ha ha ha, i'm so funny
phil reid

help

Post by phil reid »

if wanted i could beavailable to lend a hand
never volunteer